
By Toluwase Adepoju & Beloved Adepoju
Amid rising reports of insecurity in some parts of Nigeria, a Prince of the Malegbe Ruling Family of the Osupa Royal Dynasty in Ogbomosoland, Sunday Ayoola Oyebamiji, has urged Nigerians, including Ogbomoso indigenes at home and abroad, to disregard fear-mongering and troop out en-masse for the 2025 edition of the Ogbomoso Cradles Carnival holding in December.
Speaking with Pan-Nigerian News in Ogbomoso on Friday, Prince Oyebamiji, who is also a farmer and businessman, said certain “unscrupulous elements” may be hiding under the guise of insecurity to discourage potential attendees from participating in the annual cultural fiesta he described as a “highly anticipated celebration of Ogbomoso heritage.”
According to him, “Some enemies of progress may be painting a false picture of insecurity to dissuade Nigerians and tourists from attending this year’s Ogbomoso Cradles Carnival. We must not allow misinformation to overshadow the peace and hospitality that Ogbomoso is known for.”
The prince also reacted to a recent self-kidnap case involving an electrician identified as Bayo, who reportedly staged his own abduction and demanded a ₦7 million ransom.
The suspect was later arrested after claiming to have been freed, with security operatives also detaining the operator of the online platform that streamed the incident, Amotekun Oodua.
Prince Oyebamiji described the act as “unfortunate,” noting that such incidents contribute to unnecessary panic and undermine genuine efforts by security agencies to ensure safety in Ogbomoso.
He further addressed circulating videos on social media purportedly showing insurgents threatening to infiltrate South-West communities and campuses, including the Ladoke Akintola University of Technology (LAUTECH) in Ogbomoso.
He said security agencies had already dismissed the videos as fake, urging the public not to fall for fabricated content aimed at instilling fear.
“The authorities have clarified that those videos are not real. They are tactics meant to scare people. Ogbomoso remains peaceful, and the security architecture here is functioning effectively,” he stated.
Prince Oyebamiji also lauded President Bola Ahmed Tinubu’s administration for its renewed efforts to combat insecurity nationwide. He expressed optimism that the latest debate held by the House of Representatives on the matter “would further strengthen the country’s security framework.”
He reiterated that Ogbomoso is safe and ready to receive thousands of visitors from across Nigeria and abroad for the 2025 Cradles Carnival.
“I believe this year’s carnival will be one of the best ever. Let us stand united and not allow fearmongers to derail our cultural pride,” he said.

God bless my prince,long life to His Imperial Majesty and long live to Ogbomoso… May the sustaining peace continue to be significant in the land of the valiant!